Friday 13 August 2010

First Of Our Kind

Wake up
The world is turning
And it's worthwhile knowing
You're the first of your kind

Spoken word is our power
And we'll hold order
Just you and I

And we shall rise
Above the earth and the oceans
Because you and I are the first of our kind


This land shall be our fortune
We'll tear it down to find sparkling stones
And in the ruins
We'll fashion cities and concrete deities
And multiply

Why do you cry?
Don't you think this our purpose?
Because you and I are the first of our kind
So if you don't mind
I'm gonna burn down our garden
Because I think it's time there be more of our kind
You were singing while I toiled with fire and steel
You were dancing while I dug holes underground
You were dreaming while I was scheming
and you were happy with all that you had ...
Wake up
The world is burning
The sky is falling
There's nowhere to hide

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.