Sunday 13 February 2011

Maybe

Maybe I’m the boy who never ran in from the rain
Hear the voices calling me in, but I just want to play

Maybe those were the better days
But they’re over now, wake me up somehow
‘Cause I’ll just get soaked again and again and again ...

Maybe when I lie awake at night you do the same
When morning comes the troubles of past days won’t look the same

Maybe promised dreams won’t set me free
But they’re all I have, so while they last
Just hold my hand and dream a dream for me

Don’t tell me now that I look sad
I was the one who made you laugh
The dreams we have they slowly slide away ...
So let me know what’s in my head
Then I think I’ll go back to bed
Where maybe I can dream a dream for you

Now maybe I’m the kind of guy who sleeps in everyday
Wakes up in the afternoon to see the sun set again

Maybe you’re a different shade of me
Though we’re older now we’re the same somehow
Lay beside me dear and we’ll talk tonight away

Maybe you’re the girl who dragged me in the rain again
You got me soaked, you got me breathing, to see my smile again

Maybe better days are yet to come
And the songs you sing were the songs I sung
When dreams were dreams, and life had just begun

3 comments:

  1. thanks Dave, just saw this. hope all's well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for lending me a little bit of this ;)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.