Wednesday 29 September 2010

Myth of a Man (Song to ...)



I listen to you
Your words in the rain come through
Your words mean volumes to me
Words like streams pour endlessly
Lost in the air that blows in the breeze
Lost in the waves that travel the seas
Lost in the minds of men like me
And in the heart of femininity

She listens to you
Your words to her are the truth
You bring out the mother in her
Nurtures your soul and shows you to the world
She leads you to the stage
Holds your hand for you to be brave
After the crowd cheers and roars
Then you’re a child no more

He listened to you
Followed your every move
Sang along with your protest songs
Thought you could do no wrong
But he was there
When you sold your soul on air
With others he cursed and booed
You now are the fool

I listen to you
As the day breaks through
Your words kept me up all night
Tainted my heart, nourished my mind  
That’s why I wrote this song
To feel I can belong
Like the child I am
To the myth of a man



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.